Profile: Deborah

Deborah is the Administrative Assistant in the Art Education office.  See her blog and her gallery.

Hometown:  Born in New York City, but lived overseas half my childhood–in Australia, the Philippines, and Germany.  My first hometown as an adult:  Rockport, Mass.  For the last twenty-five years: Boston.  In the future: ?
Now live in:  Jamaica Plain, right near the Pond
Favorite Color:  somewhere between pink and lavender, but I also love many other colors. Color is and always has been a passion of mine.
Favorite medium:  writing, photography,  and collage
Favorite place:  England
Favorite animal:  domestic: dog;   wild:  ducks, squirrels, birds–because I’ve gotten to know and love these animals over many years at Jamaica Pond
Favorite thing to do to relax:  lying in my chaise longue reading and having tea after walking  around the Pond and  playing with the animals
Interests besides art:  literature, children’s books, architecture, interior design, tea, collecting china and books, England and New England
Reason I got into Art Education:   I didn’t;  I was an English major.  Now I’m a member of the Professional Organization of English Majors (POEM).
Favorite writers: 
Henry David Thoreau, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Louisa May Alcott, Sarah Orne Jewett, Mary Wilkins Freeman, Jane Austen, Beatrix Potter, Kenneth Grahame, Barbara Pym, May Sarton, among many others
Looking forward to:  retiring and taking back control of my time, so I can do the work I want to do for the rest of my life
Dream plans:  having a house or cottage in a small coastal or country village