8:00 AM-12:45 PM each Saturday, except 7th until 4 PM).
Variable Pre-Saturday work is required to ready the equipment and process documentation.
1. This position demands an organized, responsible person who exhibits excellent interpersonal and communications skills. Knowledge of or willingness and ability to learn about digital equipment is essential. Flexibility, humor, and detail-orientation required.
2. Check in with Studio Manager at the start of the semester on the status of the department’s technology. Also, read the manuals and familiarize yourself with the department’s equipment so that you feel comfortable and competent operating it and instructing others.
3. All equipment (video cameras, DVD players, cameras, tripods) checkout is handled by you to the appropriate studio teachers in their classrooms throughout the morning. Pick up the same equipment from classrooms at agreed-upon times and return it to the media closet by the end of the day. Assess the condition of returned equipment. Resolve problems with the studio teachers.
4. Studio teachers are responsible for all equipment while it is in their rooms. Doors need to be locked when the room is empty.
5. Record studio teachers in the classroom when requested by the teacher or supervisor. Keep a clear schedule of these upcoming events. Transfer video to DVD if needed.
6. Assist in classrooms, conduct assigned administrative tasks, gather attendance, supervise break time for students and, in general, help as needed each Saturday morning.
7. Assist in hanging the exhibition on the 7th Saturday of each semester from 12-4pm. Assist in dismantling the exhibition and putting away work on the 8th Saturday.
8. Advise Studio Manager about non-functional equipment throughout each semester.
9. Photograph and/or videotape throughout the semester. Load digital photos onto an accessible computer database. If needed create media presentations to exhibit on the 8th secure such presentations. Document opening day and student work.
If interested, please contact the Studio Manager, Kyle Brock at email@example.com