0

SHIO KUSAKA AT NEUTRA VDL HOUSE

Prior to the pandemic hitting the US hard I visited two shows on a Saturday afternoon, followed by some delicious vegetarian tacos in the neighborhood (oh and now that Im writing this, I miss tacos too). I have been thinking about those show more than usual… perhaps because I haven’t seen anything since, but also because they were so great!

The first was of a friend, Shio Kusaka, whom is the artist and resident at the neutra-vdl house. The house itself is a cultural landmark, and a work of art. I’m not sure if any of you are familiar with Neutra ( I’m sure you are) but this house is just perfect! Everything is beautiful, thought of, and efficient.

Immersed with the beautiful, subtle, and poetic work of Shio Kusaka made for an amazing, quiet, and reflective experience. Shio said in speaking about how she thought about setting up the show ” I want it to look like the person who lives in this house has a huge collection of my work, I want it to looks natural, and keep it looking like a normal house on a normal day”. I love this idea, and love the results! Enjoy!

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

Shio Kusaka at VDL Neutra House

ramorrison