Molly Lamb at Rick Wester Fine Art

Home and Away

Molly Lamb
Rick Wester Fine Art, NYC
Sep 15 – Nov 19
mollylamb_takecareofyoursister_24
Molly Lamb’s exhibition “Home and Away” at Rick Wester Fine Arts in New York is overall lovely to look at. Some of the things I loved most about it was the size of the prints and the quality at which they were printed. I also adored the fragments of nature and organic life that was included in each picture.
mollylamb_takecareofyoursister_06
The height of the prints in the way that they were hung was also nice considering they seemed to be at my eye level but not too high up or too low. Another thing I adored was the rich quality of the colors used in each print and also the shadows and deep depth of field that was used in order to create a largely dynamic situation. When it came to the titles of Molly’s exhibit I thought that “Take care of your sister” put the prints into a different perspective. Before they seemed like more abstract nature shots but after reading the title found that I now view this series as summer memories while taking care of a sister who may or may not still be alive or is in the process of passing on.
mollylamb_takecareofyoursister_12
One thing I wish I could have changed though would have been the frames and the fact that they seemed bland compared to the prints. Personally I would added something more natural that complimented instead of distracting from the prints. I also would have lowered the lighting a tad bit because even though you could see the prints, I felt like the strong lighting created a slight glare that ended up distracting me from the overall quality of the prints. In conclusion I enjoyed the exhibit because of its stunning prints and alluring theme.
mollylamb_takecareofyoursister_12
by Jourdan Lubes