Staff Assistant / STEAM Instructional Coach
About Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts:
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts (MCLA) is a dynamic and vibrant four-year public college located in the beautiful Berkshire Hills in Western Massachusetts. MCLA is the Commonwealth’s public liberal arts college of the Massachusetts State University System. U.S. News & World Report has once again recognized MCLA as a top liberal arts college. In the publication’s “Best Colleges” 2015 edition, MCLA is ranked one of the top ten public liberal arts colleges in the nation, and is one of only six, non-military institutions in the top ten. The College, as part of the Council of Public Liberal Arts Colleges, blends a liberal arts education with hands-on experience and professional programs across a range of disciplines.
MCLA is seeking a Staff Assistant/STEAM Instructional Coach. Reporting to the Director of the Improving Teacher Quality Grant (ITQ), this position will assist teachers in Pre-K through grade two in partner districts under the ITQ grant in the implementation of effective inquiry learning lessons in science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics (STEAM).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend monthly curriculum development workshops.
- Develop and model STEAM lessons.
- Post lessons on website and organize in an online repository for educators.
- Assist/coach teachers in their classrooms with the creation and delivery of lesson plans based on workshop activities and the goals of the ITQ grant.
- Mobilize resources (materials and content expertise) to support STEAM lessons in classrooms.
- As program progresses, transition from modeling and co-teaching to support and feedback for classroom educators.
- Attend meetings of ITQ Facilitators Group.
- Assist other facilitators with planning of workshops, courses and other activities as needed.
- Maintain a weekly calendar that documents efforts (within and outside of classroom) related to grant.
- Meet bi-weekly with the ITQ Grant Director, submit quarterly written updates.
- Draft and submit annual report to the ITQ Grant Director.
- Work with program/grant evaluator to collect and analyze data pertaining to the impact of ITQ Grant activities, including STEAM coaching.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of ITQ Grant.
- BA/BS degree, Masters in education or a STEAM field preferred
- A valid teaching license
- At least three years of successful preK-12 classroom experience
- Strong and effective writing and speaking skills.
- Ability to travel to classroom sites and work occasional nights and weekends.
Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its educational programs, activities and employment practices. The college complies with all federal, state, and local laws and regulations advancing equal employment. Applicants who will enrich the diversity of the campus community are strongly encouraged to apply. Visit www.mcla.edu.
Interested candidates must apply electronically here: http://mcla.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=54560